Residential Dumpster Renting Tips for Spring Cleaning Projects
Spring cleaning used to be backbreaking work, mostly done by women. In the 19th century, people spent the winter cooped up in homes heated by wood or coal, both dirty fuels, and lit their hones with smoky kerosene or whale oil. Once spring broke women worked from dawn to dusk for a week, lugging heavy carpets out to beat with paddles; scrubbing upholstery with brushes; and cleaning ceilings, walls, baseboards, floors and windows. Water, of course, needed hauled in – from creeks in rural areas and from hydrants in more urban areas. Men joked that they wouldn’t have hot meals during that week (and, often, they didn’t!) because there was no time to pluck chickens or heat wood stoves.
Fortunately, spring cleaning isn’t that arduous in 2016. Here are tips for organizing your spring cleaning projects.
- Prioritize what’s most important in your decluttering. What’s in your basement or attic that’s already been there forever – and is likely to remain boxed up and unused? Do you need that swing set with the broken chains and broken post that nobody has used in years? How might that space be better used?
- Once you’ve gotten started, keep going! Are there any musty carpets that should be torn up and replaced? Any walls that could be removed to create airy open space?
There’s no time like the present!
- Devise a waste management plan that’s right sized for your projects (knowing that they tend to grow!). If you’re just throwing away expired food, broken cookware, and decluttering your junk drawers, regular trash pickup is probably just fine. But, as that momentum builds, consider a portable dumpster rental. Dumpster sizes start at 10 yards, with 20-yarders being the most popular dumpster sizes for residential projects.
Here’s How to Rent a Dumpster
- Contact us about residential dumpster renting needs online today or call 251-661-0001.
- Let us know your timeline and we’ll quote a simple 7-day flat rate with no hidden fees.
- This portable dumpster rental includes delivery, pickup and waste disposal.
Questions about residential dumpster renting? Feel free to ask them! We are experts in trash handling and are here to help you with your portable dumpster rental and your overall waste management needs.